Each time Kaity's Story is told the attendees are asked to fill out a survey. There are two reasons for this. The first reason being that we want to make sure that when we are sharing Kaity's Story we are doing the best job possible. The second reason has to do with having a way to measure the impact we are having on the community for grant writing purposes. For the most part each survey requires yes or no answers or to rate us on our delivery. There is one area on the survey that asks "Do you have any questions for the Speaker or about Kaity's Story?" This question is for those that do not feel comfortable speaking out in a large crowd. Since these surveys are filled out anonimously, we are unsure of who to contact to provide an answer. This is why we came up with the idea to utilize this Blog to answer those questions.
Our goal is to have the answers on this blog within a week after speaking. This is new process so we sincerely appreciate your patience as we work this out.
We will begin by answering the questions we received when we were in Holbrook on the 11th & 12 of this month.
1. What happened to Daniel? He committed suicide after killing Kaity
2. Who found them? Our neighbors Sam and Jerry, who were like grandparents to our children.
3. Why did Daniel want to kill Kaity even if she doesn't want to be with him? This is a question that only Daniel can truly answer.
4. Why didn't you keep Kaity away from Daniel, like ban her from him? Because we could not be with Kaity's 24 hours a day 7 days a week the most we could do was encourage her to leave the relationship and support her as she did. Which she did leave the relationship. What we did not know is that when a person leaves a violent relationship it is much more dangerous for them and a creating a safety plan and sticking with it for several months if not a couple of years is so necessary.
5. How long ago did it happen? January 28th of this year will be 3 years since we lost Kaity.